- Diversification of the Pristimantis ornatissimus frog in the low ground and at the foot of the Andean mountain of Ecuador
- Diversity and distribution of insects (Trichoptera) from Ecuador
- Floristic diversity and state of natural regeneration of the forest “Jardin de los sueños”.
- Fish diversity, ecology and conservation of river ecosystems in Ecuador
- Participatory mapping of water ecosystem services.
- Evaluation of the biological control of insects by bats in the agricultural zone of the central coast of Ecuador
- Activity models, diversity and equity of bats in forest, ecotones and cultivated areas of the canton of La Maná
- Characterization of all bats in the private protected forest “El jardin de los Sueños” for conservation purposes
- Ecological analysis of the Los Laureles’s rivers, La Maná – Ecuador
Main researcher: Dr. Juan M. Guayasamín – University San Francisco de Quito.
The purpose of this study was to determine if any new species of Pristimantis were present among all known specimens from the various regions. For the preparation of this study, “El Jardín de los Sueños” contributed by providing access to the P. ornatissimus specimens present in the reserve.
The interest of this place for researchers is that it is the southernmost part of Ecuador in the retrieval zone of this species.
Principal Researchers: Ernesto Rázuri-Gonzales y Ralph W. Holzenthan – University of Minnesota / Dra. Blanca Ríos – University de las Américas.
Main researcher: Sandy Ponce – University UTE Quevedo
Main researcher: Dr. Ibon Tobes – University Indoamérica.
Main researchers: Eider Etxeberria et Pablo Beriain – University Navarra / Indoamérica
Main researchers: Dr.Santiago Burneo et Paola Ayala -University PUCE Quito
In this research, acoustic monitoring and sampling with Japanese nets were carried out in the canton of La Maná, to characterize the patterns of activity, diversity and similarities of chiropterans present in forest areas (Protected Forest “El Jardín de los Sueños”), ecotones (plantations with more agroecological management, close to natural areas) and cultivation (plantations with more conventional management, far from natural areas).
Main researchers: Dr.Santiago Burneo et Andrea Caicedo – University PUCE Quito
Habitat loss and fragmentation due to the expansion of population and agricultural crops has a direct impact on diverse vertebrate communities.
The group of bats is used as a disturbance bioindicator, as it shows changes in biodiversity measurements. This study characterizes the structure of all bats in a disturbed area in order to propose the Private Protected Forest “El Jardín de los Sueños” as an Area of Importance for the Conservation of Bats (AICOM).
“Ecological analysis of the Los Laureles’s rivers, La Maná – Ecuador” 2021
Principal Investigator : Pamela Vásquez – University Indoamerica Quito